Practical Elm for a Busy Developer: early access
I’m working on an intermediate level Elm book called Practical Elm for a Busy Developer. I wanted to post a quick note about it for people who are not on my mailing list, since I've just added a huge new section and the book is 70-80% complete now.
What does the book cover?
The focus of the book is on practical topics:
- A discussion of options for creating UIs and styling
- Approaches and tools for preventing and finding bugs
- JSON parsing (the most commonly reported problem Elm newcomers face)
- Making server requests and working with commands
- JS interop and ports
- A discussion of code organisation as your application grows
- A discussion of integrating Elm into a JS application
- An in-depth look at language features such as pattern matching
- Tools for being more productive when writing Elm code
Practical Elm is currently available as an “early access” book, with some of the content yet to be included.
Get the book